Data Structures, Fall 2016
Code for Notes
in classroom: click
- Assignments. Requirements
- Use proper comments and format for the code and its detailed I/O examples; BOTH of the programs and the I/O (for file I/O, only the output file) copied to ONE document named as
CS311assignment#_FirstnameLastname.doc (ALL projects should be copied into
ONE document). Email the document as attachment to the instructor (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email subject is the same as the file name. A hard copy of the document is
required to hand-in on the due date.
Online classes (no classroom meetings) syllabus and class policy. Review
Java (click here).
- 9/5 school closed for Labor Day.
- 9/12 Java lists.
On sorted list - tracing the parameters in the binary search. Bog-O notation.
Use the generics ArrayList.
Implement the Stack and Queue with an array based list.
The ListNode class and creating a linked list.
- 10/3 Stack and Queue implemented with linked
lists; linked list based unsorted lists.
- (10/10 school closes due to the weather)
- 10/17 Test I.
- 10/24 Recursions and sorted lists
- 10/31 sorting algorithms.
- 11/7 big-O for sorting algorithms; quick
sort. Doubly linked lists.
- 11/14 Test II.
- 11/21 more on doubly linked lists.
- 11/28 Tree ADT.
- 12/5 Final project (Assignment 9) due. Exam.
in the past
CS311 Data Structures C++ (click
© Since 2000,
Dr. John Wang, Virginia Wesleyan College, 1584 Wesleyan Drive, Norfolk/Virginia
Beach, VA 23502
Updated on Wednesday, December 28, 2016